Saturday, October 2, 2010

Site Relaunch Excitement

Every October 1st, the Office of Letters and Light (OLL - i.e. the people who make NaNo happen) relaunch NaNoWriMo. The forums are wiped clean, the counters are reset and the excitement level goes up a hundred-fold. We really like October 1st :)

The site relaunched at around 3am, South African local time, so I've spent the day enjoying the community and the excitement that personifies October. And it's only going to get better. It's also my first official day as Municipal Liaison, so I've been making sure that my region has a warm welcome, some info to get started and a place to meet and greet their fellow wrimos. I'm feeling pretty good about the whole thing - we'll see what my co-ML has to say on Monday.

I've also spent my time browsing the forums, and as usual have found my way to Games, Diversions, and Other Forms of Procrastination. I'm merrily associating words, corrupting other people's wishes and kicking people off MY HILL! The forums are a great place to meet people, ask questions, adopt plots and premises, and more. I'll be doing some forum featurettes as October progresses, but in the meantime go and poke around and see what you can find.

I'm itching to get back to explore the new forums and topics some more, but a quick shout out to the OLL team! You've done us proud once again. Thanks a million, guys, especially Dan and Jezra (techies extraordinaire).

Enjoy the weekend, Wrimos!

No comments:

Post a Comment